Wisdom teeth removal is a common dental procedure in Coquitlam, but most patients are not even aware of why wisdom teeth removal is necessary. The extraction experts at Aark Dental have written this handy guide on wisdom teeth to answer any questions you may have.
|“Wisdom teeth removal is a common dental procedure in Coquitlam, but most patients are not even aware of why wisdom teeth removal is necessary. “|
What are wisdom teeth?
Wisdom teeth, the last molars in your bite, typically show up in people aged 16 to 25 years old. In the past, wisdom teeth were useful for our diet of harder foods and meats. Nowadays, with softer diets and orthodontic treatment, wisdom teeth are left with little room to erupt.
Some people are unaffected by wisdom teeth, while others experience painful situations that require immediate removal. It’s a good idea to ask a dentist at Aark Dental for more information on your wisdom teeth development.
Why should I get my wisdom teeth out?
Wisdom teeth removal is necessary because:
- There is no room for them to erupt
- Improper oral health care has caused tooth infection
- The teeth are erupting at an abnormal position
- The wisdom tooth has lacked proper oral hygiene care
How will my dentist take out the wisdom teeth?
Wisdom teeth removal is typically pain-free due to oral or IV sedation. The procedure will begin by:
- Using a local anesthesia to numb the area
- Removing tissue or bone that is on top of wisdom teeth
- The tooth is loosened from any connecting tissue in jaw
- The wisdom tooth is removed with the proper dental tools
After the procedure, dental stitches are typically utilized to help with healing. There is likely to be swelling or bruising, but a cold compress and medication should aid in a faster recovery.
For more information on wisdom teeth removal in Coquitlam, or to book an appointment, contact Aark Dental today.